Hiring: Head of Operations
Head of Operations
TCA is a multi-million-pound global sportswear brand who operate predominantly on the Amazon Marketplace. The company is currently seeing triple digit growth domestically & in European Marketplaces. It is for this reason they are looking to recruit a Head of Operations to support the CEO & COO in further scaling the business. The initial focus of the role will be to handle previous COO responsibilities & largely oversee the day to day operations of the business.
The ideal candidate would be highly analytical, detail orientated & have a 4+ years’ experience in retail & / or e-commerce. They would be required to demonstrate numerous examples of driving end to end implementation of projects as well as using data & insights to lead decision making. There will be a large expectation put on the candidate right from the start. P&L responsibility is therefore a must & the candidate must have a solid understanding of all business operations.
The role has a large scope of ownership. Overall, you will be responsible for:
- Together with Directors, setting revenue targets by Marketplace & own implementation of strategies to hit
- Together with Directors, setting the gross profit margin targets by Marketplace & own implementation of all strategies to hit
- Setting & reporting on the monthly stock position targets throughout the Financial Year (FY) in line with cashflow forecasts
- Setting the operations & fulfilment (FBA/FBM/SFP) strategy for the company & own all implementation.
- Setting the monthly PPC budget & ACoS (ROI) targets in line with gross profit margin & cashflow actuals.
To achieve the above you will need to achieve the below:
Merchandising & Operations:
- Working with the Financial Director (FD) & COO to set the replenishment strategy & budget
- Defining the metrics required for styles to be included in the replenishment model. Reporting on these metrics monthly.
- Performing the forecasting analysis at sku level & raising replenishment orders to supplier in line with budgets
- Monitoring stock levels in the short term & using levers (price, PPC, SFP) to optimise the rate of sale (ROS) in line with stock position.
- Ensuring the correct payment to suppliers for stock purchases in line with cashflow forecast. Updating the cashflow models for actuals when payments are made
- Setting the ‘overstock’ classification, reporting on the corresponding stock position & setting reduction targets. Ownership of pricing & marketing strategies to reduce this position to target.
- Implementing the 1) high operational strategy to ship stock from supplier source in line with production lead times & 2) sub-level operational strategy to send stock into Amazon warehouses for FBA fulfilment.
- Implementation of key operational projects to hit revenue & / or gross profit margin targets
Online Content & Marketing:
- Ownership of the production of WBR decks encompassing all company KPIs
- Ownership of all online Amazon content including all Standard Operating Procedures (SOP)and controls for the daily monitoring & fixing of content, feed & listing errors
- Ownership of all online website content & functionality. Implementing any website fixes or improvements alongside third-party agencies.
- Ensuring all Amazon (UK, US, DE, FR, ES, IT) platforms have optimum online selection & content.
- Together with COO, setting & implementing pricing strategies by Marketplace & style in line with gross profit margin targets
- Together with COO, setting monthly PPC budgets in line with gross profit margin targets. Reporting on these budgets & feeding back issues to the wider team
- Setting PPC ACoS targets by country, style & category. Reporting on these targets & feeding back issues to the wider team
- Implementation of key selection & content projects to hit revenue & / or gross profit margin targets
Accounting & Finance:
- Responsible for creation of Monthly Business Reporting (MBR) Deck
- Responsible for P&L reporting by Replenishment (Core) vs Clearance styles.
- Correct payment of VAT to European jurisdictions
- Monthly reconciliation of Warehouse Management Software (WMS) stock position, inbound & COGs to the ledger
- Correct accounting postings for bank reconciliations
- Correct payment of all invoices including control checks on all warehouse invoices to processing reports